Half Day Tours
Enjoy a scenic drive along the Otago Peninsula, a Harbour Cruise or even Penguin Place or Larnach Castle!
Otago Peninsula Wildlife Tour
- Cruise the length of the beautiful Otago Harbour, passing by the historic fishing village of Careys Bay and the working port of Port Chalmers.
- Continue your tour to the tip of the Otago Peninsula for the One Hour Wildlife Cruise. Enjoy unrivalled wildlife viewing. See what cannot be seen from land: Albatross, New Zealand Fur Seals and up to 20 species of bird and marine life in their undisturbed and otherwise inaccessible environment. Learn the fascinating history and geology of the area.
- Take a scenic drive along the Otago Peninsula, enjoying spectacular harbour and ocean views.
- Have a look at the tour map for more information.
Summer: 9am to 12.30pm, 3.30pm to 7pm/ Winter: 12.30pm to 4.30pm (cruise both ways)
Price: $89.00 adult/ $32.00 child
Add a guided tour of the Yellow Eyed Penguin Reserve to see the rarest penguin in the world found only on the south east coast of New Zealand. A short bus trip over the farm takes the small groups to the reserve. While in the reserve your guide will lead you on foot through a unique system of covered trenches into viewing hides. Allowing access to the living areas and breeding grounds of this shy penguin, which provides the opportunity to witness and photograph undisturbed activity at close range.
Medium fitness required on this tour.
Summer: 9am to 2pm, 1.30pm to 7pm/ Winter: 12.30pm to 5.45pm
Price: $139.00 adult/ $52 child
Wildlife Cruise/Larnach Castle
Travel by road along the scenic Otago Peninsula to Larnach Castle. Journey back in time with our guide, for a tour of New Zealand’s only castle built in 1871. Learn the scandalous, exciting and tragic history of Larnach Castle and why William Larnach took his own life with a single shot to the head. See the magnificent carved ceilings, antiques and craftsmanship. Enjoy the beauty of the gardens of international significance and breathtaking views.
Experience our unrivalled one hour Wildlife Cruise.
Summer: 9am to 2pm (return by harbourside drive to the city)
Winter: 11.30pm to 4.30pm (harbour cruise included)
Price: $125.00 adult / $65 child
...with Penguin Place
Summer: 9.00am to 3.15pm (return by harbourside drive to the city)
Winter: 11.30pm to 5.45pm (return by harbourside drive to the city)
Price: $175 adult / $115 child
What else you should know?
- Courtesy transfer from city accommodation and complimentary Tea and Coffee on the Harbour Cruise.
- Cruise ship passengers can be picked up from Port Chalmers for the Otago Peninsula Wildife Tour and tour with Penguins 9.00am departure. (conditions apply)
- Our informative commentaries, fact sheets and guides enable you to identify species, interpret behaviours and enhance your understanding of the wildlife and geoographical and historical features.
- Complimentary jackets and binoculars are offered on the Wildlife Cruise. Enclosed afterdeck and heated cabin.
- Snacks and Souvenirs available.Fully licensed.
- Child price applies from 5 to 15 years.
- Summer: 1 October to 14 April / Winter: 15 April to 30 September
For more information, please CONTACT US!
Looking for something else?
What you might experience?